Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Throw it Together Tuesday

About once a week I'm stumped for dinner and I just throw about of random, leftover type stuff in a pot or dish and cook it. Last night we had Tomato Basil Bake. Anytime I cook I hardly measure so you just have to go with my flow.

1 Box of Barilla Plus Rotini (cooked)
1 can of Organic Garbanzo beans
1 can of Diced tomatoes with Italian spices
1/2 jar of Pasta sauce
a bit of extra pizza sauce
fresh chopped basil
some shredded mozzarella cheese
some slices of Swiss cheese

I cooked the noodles and drained, while they cooked I threw everything else into a casserole dish. Mixed the noodles in and covered with a couple slices of good Swiss cheese. Baked at 350 for 30 min.

I thought it was yummy, Preston ate is entire serving and Maren ate half. You could easily add any type of veggie but I really wanted to concentrate on the fresh basil and tomato mix.

No comments: