Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pair it with Gerard

I figured Pasta would be a perfect pairing for my Champagne Salad so I whipped up this quick and yummy and healthy pasta dish.

Chickpea Pasta

Saute a red pepper, white onion with some fresh garlic, OO and any spices (if the kids weren't eating I would have done Red Pepper Flakes). Cook your choice of pasta, I did Penne but this would be perfect with a fun shape. Add 1 can rinsed chickpeas and 1 can petite diced tomatoes to the saute pan, warm. Then add to your drained noodles and mix. Dump into a nice bowl and add some fresh chopped basil and some fresh Parmesan.

Tasty!

Both kids gobbled (subtle reference that its almost time to talk Turkey Day) it down and spent a good 5 minutes coming up with different variations of Chickpea - ChickPete, ChickPeep, ChickPip etc.

No comments: